The Most Serene Republic of Horacellum is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and public floggings. The compassionate, cynical population of 366 million Seersfolks are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seer's Crown. The average income tax rate is 85.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Horacellumian economy, worth 19.8 trillion Elniys a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration and Uranium Mining. Average income is 54,175 Elniys, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans, and from the highest mountain to the deepest cave - one can always count on finding a good cell signal in Horacellum. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Horacellum's national animal is the Butterfly, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Horacellum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in Horacellum, from the highest mountain to the deepest cave - one can always count on finding a good cell signal in Horacellum.
- : Horacellum endorsed The People's Republic of Ferte.
- : Horacellum endorsed The United States of Gluebucket.
- : Horacellum endorsed The Mutiny of Free Land of Rebellium.
- : Horacellum endorsed The Socialist Monarchy of Kingdom of New Berlin.
- : Horacellum endorsed The United Republics of Northern Nivaria.
- : Horacellum was endorsed by The Danorepka of Ria Reavi.
- : Horacellum lodged a message on the 10000 Islands Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Horacellum, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Namakan, The Galactic American Imperium, Vivolkha, S Mova Derat, Pianaville, Solsevara, Makykay, United States of Island land, Tzo, Solarampa, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Onfande, Silvedania, Janraiqlux, Saint Islaw Wra, Krystalveil, Mauryana, Schudentag, Greenmont Federation, Valentian Elysium, The Soylent Green Party, Clialaad, Killettland, Keswickholt, Tierra de Platanos, Tausend Seen, Drewish, New Kowloon Bay, Wischland, South Orwelland, Cakasia, Locano, Samonaemia, Geonomia, Capea, The Indian Royalty, Maconshinbernititte, Wysrod, Anisopterra, Alemputo, Dorab, Marroc, Kaltovar, Liberdon, and Ria Reavi.