The Principality of Hopatcong is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its pith helmet sales, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 376 million Hopatcongians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 9.2%.
The Hopatcongian economy, worth 20.8 trillion plannks a year, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 55,222 plannks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Colonial subjects have Hopatcongian culture shoved down their throats, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, the government merely sends empty platitudes whenever natural disasters strike foreign nations, and nudity is frowned upon. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent. Hopatcong's national animal is the Common Housefly.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hopatcong's influence in Lands End rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Hopatcong's influence in Lands End rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Hopatcong's influence in Lands End rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Hopatcong's influence in Lands End rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Hopatcong relocated from The South Pacific to Lands End.
- : Hopatcong resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Hopatcong lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Hopatcong was endorsed by The Republic of Great Africans.
- : Hopatcong was endorsed by The Principality of Nothanksbutseriously.
- : Hopatcong was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Naam.