The Republic of Hoovy is a small, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 20 million Hoovyians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 22.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The weak Hoovyian economy, worth 647 billion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is 32,360 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hoovy's national animal is the Pootis Bird.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hoovy was endorsed by The Space Pirate Empire of New Briantown.
- : Hoovy was endorsed by The Shadowy Empire of Farengeto.
- : Hoovy was endorsed by The Swiftly Tilting Land of Tsunamy.
- : Hoovy was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Republic of the Teutons.
- : Hoovy was endorsed by The Commonwealth of United States of Vietnam.
- : Hoovy's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Hoovy was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Hoovy was endorsed by The Queendom of 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121.
- : Hoovy's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Hoovy's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
Endorsements Received: 19 » Erinor, Beepee, Gebirgig Pfingstemeinde Land, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Quiescent, Volaworand, Bawkie, Luddinlande, Aidenfieeld, Paranoia, Great Vritannia, Hanguk-Nippon, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Sedunn, United States of Vietnam, Republic of the Teutons, Tsunamy, Farengeto, and New Briantown.