The Republic of Hondonia is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, frequent executions, and stringent health and safety legislation. The quiet, industrious population of 485 million Hondonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 46.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Hondonian economy, worth 23.1 trillion Ꞧ Rapăs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Woodchip Exports, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 47,716 Ꞧ Rapăs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, government agents stalk the aisles of grocery stores for out-of-stock medications, criminals are thrown to the Coatis to repay their debt to society, and rugby players that knock each other over always stop to make sure the other fellow is okay. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hondonia's national animal is the Coati, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hondonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Hondonia endorsed The Republic of Speke.
- : Hondonia was endorsed by The Republic of Speke.
- : Hondonia was endorsed by The Sebbensteb's Sebdom of New Sebronia.
- : Hondonia was endorsed by The Federal Dominion of Halsuntria.
- : Hondonia was endorsed by The Hai Oțeriorldom of Plattinum.
- : Hondonia's influence in Anteria rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Hondonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Reventus Koth"".
- : Hondonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Providing Paid Leave".
- : Following new legislation in Hondonia, rugby players that knock each other over always stop to make sure the other fellow is okay.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Whitmarche, Betmet, Gran Rugido, The Trilla Gang Mafia, Kakland, Lesser Velutaria, Wellsenfaile, Xzavaria, Kentalis, Mygona, Sauthar, Morrawia, Wassilia, Bro Wyned, Plattinum, Halsuntria, New Sebronia, and Speke.