The Free Land of Holykol is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.792 billion Holykolians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Holykol City. The average income tax rate is 92.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Holykolian economy, worth 724 trillion KOLS a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 73,965 KOLS, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests. Crime is totally unknown. Holykol's national animal is the Trololo Man, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Holykol was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Holykol was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Holykol's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Holykol's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Holykol's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Holykol was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments, Best Weather, Highest Average Tax Rates, Most Advanced Public Transport, and Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Holykol's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Holykol altered its national flag.
- : Holykol was refounded in Osiris.
- : Holykol ceased to exist.