The Theocratic Republic of Holy Missouri is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, prohibition of alcohol, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 727 million Holy Missourians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Louis. The average income tax rate is 54.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Holy Missourian economy, worth 74.0 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 101,817 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law, parking's carefree without parking car fees, camo-patterned plush comfort blankets are standard issue for commandos, and meat-eating is frowned upon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Holy Missouri's national animal is the Missouri Mule.
Holy Missouri is ranked 172,278th in the world and 43rd in Union of Christian Nations for Largest Gambling Industry, scoring 322.08 on the Kelly Criterion Productivity Index.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Holy Missouri, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Holy Missouri was endorsed by The Confederacy of Trpezi.
- : Holy Missouri endorsed The Confederacy of Trpezi.
- : Following new legislation in Holy Missouri, camo-patterned plush comfort blankets are standard issue for commandos.
- : Following new legislation in Holy Missouri, parking's carefree without parking car fees.
- : Following new legislation in Holy Missouri, weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law.
- : Holy Missouri was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Holy Missouri, colonists who were promised new lands find only war-torn devastation.
- : Holy Missouri voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Atlantian Oceania".
- : Holy Missouri voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Foreign Copyright Recognition"".
Endorsements Received: 6 » Ecclestia, Gideon, Civitas Asiae et Pacificarum, Rolenmar, Altius, and Trpezi.