The Nomadic Peoples of Holes on the ground is a large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws. The democratic population of 56 million Holes on the groundians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 10.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Holes on the groundian economy, worth 2.26 trillion so muches a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Soda Sales, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 40,295 so muches, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is relatively low. Holes on the ground's national animal is the short people.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Holes on the ground's influence in Refugia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Holes on the ground's influence in Refugia rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Holes on the ground's influence in Refugia rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Holes on the ground was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Holes on the ground relocated from Conch Kingdom to Refugia.
- : Holes on the ground altered its national flag.
- : Holes on the ground lodged a message on the Conch Kingdom Regional Message Board.
- : Holes on the ground relocated from Libertarian Socialist Confederation to Conch Kingdom.
- : Holes on the ground relocated from The North Pacific to Libertarian Socialist Confederation.
- : Holes on the ground was founded in The North Pacific.