The Corporate Republic of Holdac is a massive, orderly nation, renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, compulsory military service, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.051 billion Holdanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vandame. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Holdacian economy, worth 239 trillion Canto Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 116,793 Canto Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 377,463 per year while the poor average 27,309, a ratio of 13.8 to 1.
Farting etiquette is taught in schools, sexually-starved male dinosaurs terrorise tourists during weekly breakouts from Mesozoic Park, traffic jams are a common sight due to construction work from a massive overhaul of the nation's freeways, and the cancellation of "The Real Vixens of Vandame" has been described as a real blow for entertainment. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Holdac's national animal is the Brown Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Holdac was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Holdac's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Holdac lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Holdac relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Holdac's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Holdac's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Holdac was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry, Largest Pizza Delivery Sector, and Highest Disposable Incomes and the Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced and Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Holdac's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Holdac was refounded in Balder.
- : Holdac ceased to exist in The East Pacific.