The Wizarding World of Hogwarts AL is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 2.374 billion Hogwarts ALians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Diagon Alley. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The strong Hogwarts ALian economy, worth 205 trillion Galleons a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 86,634 Galleons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days, Diagon Alley's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act, and Leader's new door-knocking campaign has the sweet taste of success. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hogwarts AL's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hogwarts AL was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Hogwarts AL was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Hogwarts AL was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Hogwarts AL endorsed The Unholy Commonwealth of Melehan.
- : Hogwarts AL endorsed The Kingdom of Asmia.
- : Hogwarts AL voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Hogwarts AL voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Following new legislation in Hogwarts AL, Leader's new door-knocking campaign has the sweet taste of success.
- : Following new legislation in Hogwarts AL, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act.
- : Following new legislation in Hogwarts AL, Diagon Alley's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Weihbach, Dawcreek, The Provincial Union of the Pacific, Wintermoot, The Turlesz, The Greenlandic North, Platinum Skills, Dawsinian, The Library of Wan Shi Tong, Cozia, Shy Guy Nation, Sapphiron, and North Russian Republic.