|Currency||Forbidden Eonis ED145FB|
The Jingoistic States of HMS Burst Satellite is a huge, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed population of 597 million HMS Burst Satelliteans are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized, moralistic, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 30.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped HMS Burst Satellitean economy, worth 19.4 trillion Forbidden Eonis ED145FBs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Woodchip Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 32,532 Forbidden Eonis ED145FBs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. HMS Burst Satellite's national animal is the Heifer.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : HMS Burst Satellite's influence in Nihon rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : HMS Burst Satellite relocated from Giveran Empire HQ to Nihon.
- : HMS Burst Satellite resigned from the World Assembly.
- : HMS Burst Satellite's influence in Giveran Empire HQ rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : HMS Burst Satellite relocated from Nihon to Giveran Empire HQ.
- : HMS Burst Satellite endorsed The Colony of Urang Laut Dalapan.
- : HMS Burst Satellite was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : HMS Burst Satellite applied to join the World Assembly.
- : HMS Burst Satellite's influence in Nihon rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : HMS Burst Satellite's influence in Nihon rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".