The Republic of Hitaria is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Thomas Hastrigal with an even hand, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, public floggings, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful population of 7.527 billion Hitarians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Athard. The average income tax rate is 97.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Hitarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,176 trillion Hitors a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 156,291 Hitors, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Teen parties are often ruined by wet blanket chaperones, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park, citizens praise the weeds that overwhelm their narrow vegetable realm, and park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hitaria's national animal is the cougar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets.
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, citizens praise the weeds that overwhelm their narrow vegetable realm.
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park.
- : Hitaria was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Hitaria endorsed The Republic of Pirnovo.
- : Hitaria was endorsed by The Republic of Pirnovo.
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, teen parties are often ruined by wet blanket chaperones.
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds.
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, Hitaria's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Greater New Cassandra, H-Zhena, New Leganes, Zukchiva, VW53Aland, Brotherland, A mean old man, Staynes, Tretrid, La xinga, Rainbow Vests, Distro-Spartica, East Malaysia, Goodnamesarerare, Gunov, Mays Austrian Nation, Euricanis, BuciLand, Oofery, Tawuse, Pakitsk, Coruh, Rhealaliit, The Empire of Rijelv, Ridann, Roissyland, Enlil, Asendavia, Acronis, Dragons Blood, Anarchica landia, Talitoa, Wallenburg, The Three States of Fortuna, Debluu, Nevertopia, Tassirion, Rabarbarys, Axdel, Unger under over, Layngderfleethe, CheeseBurrito, Dravida India, Santa Dystopia, Republic of New India, Arunika, Sunsistan, ReReReRepublic, Lorrana, BearStackof2015, and 10 others.Eastern Alksearia, Modra, Dannemarie, The Kulaata Islands, Technocratic Tagalog, Spiruvania, Espeon LD, From New World, Eagle Crest, and Pirnovo.