|Leader||Kan Pae Down|
The Supremely Democratic States of Hirota is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Kan Pae Down with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, flagrant waste-dumping, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 35.849 billion Hirotans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Environment are ignored. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Hirotan economy, worth a remarkable 6,816 trillion coins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 190,149 coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Depression sinks in after each election when voters realize they are stuck with these people for years, citizens who don't follow a major religion are closely monitored for signs of self-harm, having skeletons in one's closet is no longer just a macabre idiom, and reporters who negatively comment on politicians' haircuts are cut from the news. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Hirota's national animal is the forest owl, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hirota was endorsed by The Republic of Riverpost.
- : Hirota was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Following new legislation in Hirota, reporters who negatively comment on politicians' haircuts are cut from the news.
- : Hirota was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Hirota, having skeletons in one's closet is no longer just a macabre idiom.
- : Following new legislation in Hirota, citizens who don't follow a major religion are closely monitored for signs of self-harm.
- : Following new legislation in Hirota, depression sinks in after each election when voters realize they are stuck with these people for years.
- : Hirota was endorsed by The Revolutionary Republic of The Pagan Moon.
- : Hirota was endorsed by The Republic of Sienkahn.
- : Hirota was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
Endorsements Received: 99 » Imperium Anglorum, An Clar, Bohomo, Lexembourg, The Seven Provinces, Lovisa, Slavorussia, Troltovia, The New Nordic Union, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, Regnum Italiae, Evka, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Einswenn, Popaholick, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Northern German Federation, Nuweland, Northeast Vatican, Sinclairtown, Galway-Dublin, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Ahma, Slavonia and Srijem, Thracia Republic, Quentenia, Pilipinas and Malaya, Irminsulia, Germany Third Reich, Imperium Malignis, North of Americas, Alsted, Feria-Alkaline, St Scarlett, Rouvenor, HYDRA-Russian Empire, South St Maarten, The Champions League, Chioganah, Pazano, Wessex and Cornwall, New Ylicia, Belmoren, Dorpz, Kaspinia, Death Bat, Amicities, Greate San Marino, and 49 others.Miharr, The Sect Meces, Thracia and Crimea, British Alban, Cytadela, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Nardin, Republic of Satherland, Beauprix, Wombelland, Leranditale, Kenmoria WA Mission, Volara, Socialist Balkans, Nevelja, Apabeossie, Republic Of Vox, Bahnhofstrasse, Egyptian Mamluk Sultanate, Mantcor, Parliamentary Laramidia, Brakanistan, Pydrus, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, Soviet Taoistan, Elisabethshagen, Gingera, Stromia, Novo Portugal, Belgique et France, Free Furentenia, WaffleEmpire, Neuchateau, Leszno, Walfo, British Norklon, Porury, The Wretched of this Earth, Preusses, Lord Sapre, Enway, Shagolaa, Elitestland, Sienkahn, The Pagan Moon, Continental Social Democrats, and Riverpost.