The Grand Republic of Hindopia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Tanner with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, digital currency, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 12.937 billion Hindopians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tamilus. The average income tax rate is 32.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hindopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,491 trillion versicredits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 115,289 versicredits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Vaccinations are mandatory, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, President Tanner panders to nontraditional families, and the government has an "easy come, easy go" policy on youth crime. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Hindopia's national animal is the Phoenix , which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hindopia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and Most Rebellious Youth and the Top 5% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and Largest Populations.
- : Hindopia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Hindopia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Hindopia, the government has an "easy come, easy go" policy on youth crime.
- : Following new legislation in Hindopia, President Tanner panders to nontraditional families.
- : Following new legislation in Hindopia, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- : Following new legislation in Hindopia, vaccinations are mandatory.
- : Hindopia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Hindopia ceased to exist.
- : Hindopia's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".