|Capital||The High Fort|
|Leader||President Robert Vale|
The Revolutionary Republic of Highfort is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Robert Vale with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, pith helmet sales, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic population of 10.792 billion Highfort Citizens love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Defense, Administration, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The High Fort. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Highfortian economy, worth a remarkable 1,769 trillion High Pieces a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 163,937 High Pieces, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, every workday begins with group therapy, and devotion to God is only skin-deep. Crime is totally unknown. Highfort's national animal is the Giant Tortoise, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Highfort was endorsed by The Blue of Blueflarst.
- : Highfort was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular and the Top 10% for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Highfort, devotion to God is only skin-deep.
- : Following new legislation in Highfort, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : Following new legislation in Highfort, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
- : Following new legislation in Highfort, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks.
- : Following new legislation in Highfort, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones.
- : Following new legislation in Highfort, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Following new legislation in Highfort, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list.
- : Following new legislation in Highfort, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.