The Republic of Hierotoros is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, compulsory military service, and parental licensing program. The compassionate, devout population of 277 million Hierotorosians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Defense, Welfare, and Administration are also considered important. The average income tax rate is 28.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Hierotorosian economy, worth 18.8 trillion Iron Horns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 67,737 Iron Horns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are required to report any and all incidents of prayer to their local Religious Affairs Officer, the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny, in the Beginning was the Word and the Word was "Pragmatism", and Jennifer Government is a bestseller. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hierotoros's national animal is the Hermitaur, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hierotoros was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Hierotoros resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Hierotoros, Jennifer Government is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Hierotoros, in the Beginning was the Word and the Word was "Pragmatism".
- : Hierotoros endorsed The Free Republic of Draconian Progression.
- : Hierotoros was endorsed by The Free Republic of Draconian Progression.
- : Following new legislation in Hierotoros, the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny.
- : Following new legislation in Hierotoros, citizens are required to report any and all incidents of prayer to their local Religious Affairs Officer.
- : Following new legislation in Hierotoros, expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets.
- : Hierotoros endorsed The Democratic Republic of TyGerria.