The Musicmakers of Hiachijan is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Noxi-Cyzat with an even hand, and renowned for its vat-grown people, unlimited-speed roads, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 10.167 billion Ythijen have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Exai. The average income tax rate is 99.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Ythijen economy, worth a remarkable 2,298 trillion credits a year, is fairly diversified and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 226,105 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Sniffer dogs check train passengers for body odour, scaffolding is built around scaffolding to give safe access, footballers are doing aerobics in the sauna to build their hot weather endurance, and the team in charge of creating a new writing system have spent months deciding whether or not to use serif or sans-serif characters. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hiachijan's national animal is the tardigrade, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hiachijan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Hiachijan was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Hiachijan ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Hiachijan's influence in Balder rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Hiachijan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest.
- : Hiachijan altered its national flag.
- : Hiachijan published "II: Shoguns" (Factbook: History).
- : Hiachijan published "I: Old Mythology" (Factbook: History).
- : Hiachijan published "Race Overview: Ythijen (REDUX)" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Hiachijan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.