The Musicmakers of Hiachijan is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Noxi-Cyzat with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service, complete lack of prisons, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 8.922 billion Ythijen have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Exai. The average income tax rate is 99.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Ythijen economy, worth a remarkable 2,016 trillion credits a year, is fairly diversified and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 226,014 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's forests are full of treasure hunters in military-grade survival gear, the moon's craters are more numerous every day, sniffer dogs check train passengers for body odour, and scaffolding is built around scaffolding to give safe access. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hiachijan's national animal is the tardigrade, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hiachijan's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Hiachijan's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Hiachijan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Healthiest Citizens, Highest Average Tax Rates, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Longest Average Lifespans, and Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Hiachijan's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Hiachijan was refounded in Balder.
- : Hiachijan ceased to exist in Axiom Supercluster.
- : Hiachijan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest.
- : Hiachijan published "Stellar Neighborhood" (Factbook: Geography).
- : Hiachijan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Hiachijan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.