The Democratic Republic of Hfhbsd is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Qubyte with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.724 billion Hfhbsdians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Königsberg. The average income tax rate is 98.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Hfhbsdian economy, worth 709 trillion hCredits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 190,439 hCredits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, and criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program. Crime is totally unknown. Hfhbsd's national animal is the Cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Krakenism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hfhbsd voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Provisional Rule in Wartime".
- : Following new legislation in Hfhbsd, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
- : Following new legislation in Hfhbsd, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Hfhbsd voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : Hfhbsd lodged a message on the Alnobia Regional Message Board.
- : Hfhbsd voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Disease Vectors".
- : Hfhbsd was endorsed by The Anarchist Boogeyman of The Mercurians of Hermes.
- : Hfhbsd's influence in Alnobia rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Hfhbsd was endorsed by The Sun-Blessed Domain of New Eberron.
- : Following new legislation in Hfhbsd, pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy.