The Principality of Hessinau is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 225 million Hessinats have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Welfare, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13.1%.
The powerhouse Hessinian economy, worth 21.7 trillion Korunas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is 96,510 Korunas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 274,357 per year while the poor average 27,101, a ratio of 10.1 to 1.
Teachers prefer to give 'Maybe, Maybe Not' tests when dealing with sensitive subjects, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy, the right school tie opens more doors than the right qualification, and stockbrokers dream of getting rich by writing textbooks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Hessinau's national animal is the Crowned Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hessinau was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Greater Albaina.
- : Hessinau was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Hessinau was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of United Communes of Chile.
- : Hessinau was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Corsarios.
- : Hessinau voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Crime Victims' Rights Act".
- : Hessinau voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Crime Victims' Rights Act".
- : Following new legislation in Hessinau, stockbrokers dream of getting rich by writing textbooks.
- : Following new legislation in Hessinau, the right school tie opens more doors than the right qualification.
- : Following new legislation in Hessinau, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Hessinau, teachers prefer to give 'Maybe, Maybe Not' tests when dealing with sensitive subjects.
Endorsements Received: 98 » Elisabethshagen, Eppur, Rary, Berlin and Hanover, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Meropis, St Scarlett, Eco-Paris Reformation, Invernessia, Walfo, Dervenland, Prussian-Brandenburg, Imperium Anglorum, Saint Domingo, Regnum Italiae, Yahlia, North of Americas, GanymedEuropa, The Champions League, Panversia, Irminsulia, Northern German Federation, Thracia Republic, An Clar, Someseni, Kanokla, Wiener-Neustadt, Jim the Baptist, Dabarastan, Marvingia, Heplon, LuckRich, Ostermarch, Konewa, Turkenia, Gorzi, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, New Eestiball, The Italian Peninsulla, Agausia, Bathera, Qroma, Galway-Dublin, Arsenial, Thracia and Crimea, Gliesetonia, Wombelland, Noristoniaka, The States of Texas and Arkansas, The New Nordic Union, and 48 others.BasarabiaPamantRomanesc, Nardin, Dragonovski, Ourrolious, Why are we hear, Apabeossie, Chronus, The New Palaces, Burvenchkaht, Scutarie, Kardjali, Maalat, Dauershire, United States of Russia1, Dark Matter, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Hastren, Savinecross, Greater Altantia, Yazakhvanian Empire, Carignanum, Ausvelt, Super Happy Land, Brittany Normandy Aquitaine, Grodisze, Corsoaua, Maritzal, Christian Terra, Zulrich, New Vorarlberg, Abeskaland, Armbruster, Wegensburg, Mojuatafurertopeopir, Vale-Beacon, Parliamentary Laramidia, Umeria, Greycastle, Lieges, New-Columbus, Chioganah, Newex Nov Can, Zelenskraine, Gotho, Antair, Corsarios, United Communes of Chile, and Greater Albaina.