The Nomadic Peoples of Herp a Derp is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its burgeoning herp population. The cynical population of 951 million Herp a Derpians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 36.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Herp a Derpian economy, worth 34.0 trillion Ders a year, is quite specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 35,720 Ders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Herp a Derp's national animal is the herp, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Herp a Derp's influence in Lorian rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Herp a Derp's influence in Lorian rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Herp a Derp resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Herp a Derp's influence in Lorian rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Herp a Derp relocated from Devide by Zero to Lorian.
- : Herp a Derp endorsed The United Kingdom of 16 The Tower.
- : Herp a Derp was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Herp a Derp applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Herp a Derp's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Herp a Derp's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".