The Incorporated States of Heren XVII is a tiny, efficient nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 16 million Herens are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.7%.
The thriving Heren XVIIian economy, worth 1.39 trillion florins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 86,626 florins, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 254,739 per year while the poor average 23,201, a ratio of 11.0 to 1.
Government ministers claim to ride dragons to work, private law firms are unheard of, asking what someone does for a living is considered a faux pax for being potentially jobist, and the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control. Heren XVII's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Heren XVII, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Heren XVII, asking what someone does for a living is considered a faux pax for being potentially jobist.
- : Following new legislation in Heren XVII, private law firms are unheard of.
- : Following new legislation in Heren XVII, government ministers claim to ride dragons to work.
- : Heren XVII was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Heren XVII voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Bachtendekuppen".
- : Heren XVII agreed to construct embassies between Azaroth and SECFanatics.
- : Following new legislation in Heren XVII, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Heren XVII was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Corporate Bordello".
- : Following new legislation in Heren XVII, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
Endorsements Received: None.