|Leader||CEO Matthias Müller|
The Nomadic Volkswagen Beetles of Herby is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by CEO Matthias Müller with an even hand, and remarkable for its vat-grown people, pith helmet sales, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 13.49 billion Herbys have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Industry, with Law & Order, Healthcare, and Administration also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Autobahn. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Herbyian economy, worth a remarkable 1,646 trillion gas pedals a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 122,033 gas pedals, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 377,382 per year while the poor average 30,424, a ratio of 12.4 to 1.
Census workers are having a hard time figuring out who is actually living in Herby after the ban on emigration was lifted, people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety, pharmaceutical companies emphatically promise that "your pills are in the mail" rather than admit any supply shortfall, and everyone hates people who encourage hate. Crime is well under control. Herby's national animal is the flat tire, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Herby's influence in 10000 Zombies rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Herby lodged a message on the 10000 Zombies Regional Message Board.
- : Herby relocated from 1980s America to 10000 Zombies.
- : Herby's influence in 1980s America rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Herby's influence in 1980s America rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Herby's influence in 1980s America rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Herby lodged a message on the 1980s America Regional Message Board.
- : Herby relocated from 42 Douglas Adams to 1980s America.
- : Herby's influence in 42 Douglas Adams rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Herby lodged a message on the 42 Douglas Adams Regional Message Board.