The People's Commune of Helvurium is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Politburo with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 11.83 billion Helvurians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Helvae. The average income tax rate is 83.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Helvurian economy, worth a remarkable 1,125 trillion Tuskmas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 95,165 Tuskmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room, people are bored of easy crossword puzzles, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper, and a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park. Crime is totally unknown. Helvurium's national animal is the Helvurian Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Helvurium's influence in The Social Liberal Union fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : The Republic of Courelli appointed Helvurium as Speaker of the Union with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, and Polls in The Social Liberal Union.
- : Helvurium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Helvurium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Helvurium was endorsed by The Federal Social Republic of Drennicka.
- : Helvurium was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Helvurium applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Helvurium's influence in The Social Liberal Union fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Helvurium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Helvurium resigned from the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Drennicka.