The Oppressed Peoples of Hellei is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Lucian with an iron fist, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, public floggings, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.456 billion Helleians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bellain. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 84.4%.
The powerhouse Helleian economy, worth 597 trillion Grains a year, is highly specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 92,487 Grains, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 266,698 per year while the poor average 25,460, a ratio of 10.5 to 1.
Leaders that venture near secret military bases are routinely executed for espionage, trained plumber-burglars will clean out your blocked pipes and your jewellery boxes, people are always able to look each other in the eye, and thrift shops are closing their doors. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hellei's national animal is the Leader, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lucianio.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hellei was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Hellei voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ensuring Effectual Recycling".
- : Hellei voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Altino".
- : Following new legislation in Hellei, thrift shops are closing their doors.
- : Hellei was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Hellei, people are always able to look each other in the eye.
- : Following new legislation in Hellei, trained plumber-burglars will clean out your blocked pipes and your jewellery boxes.
- : Following new legislation in Hellei, Leaders that venture near secret military bases are routinely executed for espionage.
- : Hellei was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Hellei was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Ferte, The Soylent Green Party, Coreras, Dustwind, Zeganas, Killettland, Blogotopia, Anollasia, Wysrod, Echocrimsonia, New Fania, Nooooooooooooooo, Ignis Cinere, Oyste, Lamborghini Murcielago, Grimmywelsh, Free Land of Rebellium, Spncrgmn, Anisopterra, Valentian Elysium, Krystalveil, Chocolate Coookies, The Republic of Osea, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Evertopia, Itic, Leprechaun Gold, Vivolkha, Armatha, Ascended Union, QuazaFire, Bortheria, Dorab, Marxist Germany, and HumanSanity.