The Federation of Helionyx is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its national health service, keen interest in outer space, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 264 million Helionyxians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 25.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Helionyxian economy, worth 23.0 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 87,212 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Airport announcements inform passengers that flights have been delayed because pilots are having afternoon naps, a policy of plausible deniability helps protect the government from athletic doping scandals, people often feel unbalanced by their daily commute, and only the fast and the furious are brave enough to drive. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Helionyx's national animal is the Android, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Helionyx was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Helionyx was endorsed by The United People's Republics of Podria.
- : Following new legislation in Helionyx, only the fast and the furious are brave enough to drive.
- : Following new legislation in Helionyx, people often feel unbalanced by their daily commute.
- : Following new legislation in Helionyx, a policy of plausible deniability helps protect the government from athletic doping scandals.
- : Following new legislation in Helionyx, airport announcements inform passengers that flights have been delayed because pilots are having afternoon naps.
- : Following new legislation in Helionyx, counselors diagnose their clients with motherboard complexes.
- : Following new legislation in Helionyx, there's a mortuary next to every Helionyxian restaurant.
- : Following new legislation in Helionyx, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks.
- : Helionyx voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
Endorsements Received: 66 » Silverfish37, Dyl, Llorens, Super Awesome Fun Times, Soviet Catgirls, Grod Island, Antinios, Kaamapoori, Martilliopen, Ephros, Kavagrad, United Socialist Republics of LAN, Kawany, Socialist Columbia, Rorlenland, New Volica, Henchikurin, Khoridan, Agatep, Rolmong, Argentigrad, Anioniotopia, Korvias, Anarchocommunists of the World, Spmglandia, Caspersland, The Gaturacia, Ghillemear, Slackertown, Lisle, Claiomha, Picuros, Vesmeau, Necrozia, Nangka, Sincadenas, Fizzopolis, Alans Land, Druriel, NeoXoleria, Yoodong, Regional Defence Council of Aragon, Armenasia, Shermani, Czechnin, Harleying, Creatrix, Depro, Smoothie Magic, Roulantinia, and 16 others.Leveille, Pissing Yourself, Ezmwalia, Old Corus, Socialist Great Picardy, Commen Union, Kongoland, Alangrad, Okaraya, Transcommunist Republics, Sauros, Digitotuo, Das Pardgulew, Wagrurg, New Samon, and Podria.