|Capital||Pflegerdorf am Rhein|
|Leader||Grand Duke Heinrich VI|
The Grand Duchy of Heinsbergen is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Grand Duke Heinrich VI with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.312 billion Heinsbergeners have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pflegerdorf am Rhein. The average income tax rate is 33.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Heinsbergenerian economy, worth 232 trillion Kupfermarks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 100,565 Kupfermarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, victims of crime are viewed as less trustworthy than politicians, Heinsbergen's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, and politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Heinsbergen's national animal is the Alpine Swift, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Agnostic Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Heinsbergen was endorsed by The Kingdom of Virmena.
- : Heinsbergen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Heinsbergen was endorsed by The Republic of Neue Prussian Republic.
- : Heinsbergen was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of A3161.
- : Following new legislation in Heinsbergen, politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills.
- : Heinsbergen was endorsed by The Holy Federated Isles of East Kirea.
- : Heinsbergen was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Lithuaniae.
- : Heinsbergen was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Heinsbergen was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of The Rebels of Ireland.
- : Following new legislation in Heinsbergen, Heinsbergen's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
Endorsements Received: 94 » Thracia Republic, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Irminsulia, Feria-Alkaline, Regnum Italiae, Republic of Satherland, Northern German Federation, St Scarlett, An Clar, Elisabethshagen, Wessex and Cornwall, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Wiener-Neustadt, Jim the Baptist, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, Walfo, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Alsted, The Champions League, Invernessia, Someseni, Nuweland, Destyntine, Lyallpur, Leranditale, North of Americas, GanymedEuropa, Rivierenland, Canovium, Savinecross, Moravian-Silesian Kingdom, Bohomo, Nea Europa, South St Maarten, Quentenia, Greater Albaina, Ansington, The Seven Provinces, North Batica, Ausvelt, Grodisze, Abject Ludicrosity, Chronus, The Kingdom of Denmark, Weltbeherrschung, Ostermarch, Pilipinas and Malaya, and 44 others.Jahass, Falvaard, Umeria, Thracia and Crimea, Lovisa, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Enway, Wombelland, Chioganah, Meropis, Crestphalia, Imperium Anglorum, NorthPortugal, Trixeland, The Scandinavian Realm, Brakanistan, Greater Icelandia, Kanokla, Soviet Taoistan, Lieges, Owlograd, Apabeossie, Kyrica, Eski, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Othenhiem, Nardin, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Gliesetonia, Elania Kingdom, Berlin and Hanover, Lord Sapre, Robbonia, Parliamentary Laramidia, Estonesia, Powiat Miechowski, Hallorland, The Rebels of Ireland, East Kirea, A3161, Neue Prussian Republic, and Virmena.