The Most Serene Republic of Heiliges Bistum is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape and compulsory military service. The devout population of 419 million Heiliges Bistumians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 29.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Heiliges Bistumian economy, worth 18.3 trillion tolars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 43,756 tolars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Heiliges Bistum's national animal is the Goldhorn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Heiliges Bistum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Heiliges Bistum's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Heiliges Bistum was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Heiliges Bistum's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Heiliges Bistum's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Heiliges Bistum's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Heiliges Bistum's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Heiliges Bistum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Heiliges Bistum endorsed The Home of Sports of Atlantian Oceania.
- : Heiliges Bistum was admitted to the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: None.