The Free Domain of Hatterleigh is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by William Botrum with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, public floggings, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 6.615 billion Hatterlese have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Environment, and Law & Order also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mahogany. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 31.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Hatterleighian economy, worth 898 trillion Hatterlese Shoals a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 135,793 Hatterlese Shoals, with the richest citizens earning 7.2 times as much as the poorest.
The roar of the Niagara 3000 mega-loo can be heard several blocks away, double-parking is on the rise as automobile numbers increase, William Botrum's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies, and the nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake. Crime is totally unknown. Hatterleigh's national animal is the Rhaunroch, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hatterleigh altered its national flag.
- : Hatterleigh's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Hatterleigh's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Hatterleigh was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Hatterleigh ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Hatterleigh was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Hatterleigh was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Hatterleigh was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Hatterleigh was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Hatterleigh was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Highest Economic Output, Most Popular Tourist Destinations, and Most Efficient Economies.