|Leader||Henk van der Staaij|
The Federal People's Republic of Hastic is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Henk van der Staaij with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 3.179 billion Hastics are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Volkendam. The average income tax rate is 66.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Hastic economy, worth 449 trillion marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 141,242 marks, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
The Forestry Department has decided you really can't fight fire with fire, it is illegal to comfort a crying baby between the hours of 6 pm and 8 pm, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast, and nine out of ten citizens of Hastic answered 'nuclear safety inspector' when asked their occupation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hastic's national animal is the Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hastic, nine out of ten citizens of Hastic answered 'nuclear safety inspector' when asked their occupation.
- : Hastic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Hastic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Hastic endorsed The Empire of Comein.
- : Hastic was endorsed by The Empire of Comein.
- : Hastic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II".
- : Hastic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "World Assembly Justice Accord".
- : Hastic endorsed The Empire of Great Morningstar.
- : Hastic was endorsed by The Empire of Great Morningstar.
- : Hastic was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Shronok, Winter Gulley, La Polizia Si Incazza, Jocospor, Coalora, Regna Loreau, Grouberdastchereichenstag, ShrewLlamaLand, Holy Barracuda, Slavokian, The Grand Empire of Kertha, Middle Ran Kals Colbown, American Pere Housh, Fetra, Vinitas, Vlamms Statt, Terra de Combattimento, Branalia, Castelia, Refarria, Great Morningstar, and Comein.