The Democratic States of Hashkin is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Chancellor Bakker with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, avant-garde cinema, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.524 billion Hashkinians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Weselton. The average income tax rate is 72.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Hashkinian economy, worth 605 trillion Hashkin Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 133,887 Hashkin Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
The reams of paperwork accompanying any electronic item are a recognised contributor to national deforestation, local mafias have a tough time disposing of dead snitches without catching the attention of recycling authorities, an extra hand on the leg will give a horse-and-a-half of lead in a hundred jiffies on seven furlongs, and the tightness of border controls in Hashkin leave a little to be desired. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Hashkin's national animal is the Beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hashkin's influence in The Parliamentary Union of Nations rose from "Sprat" to "Power".
- : Hashkin altered its national flag.
- : Hashkin relocated from Lazarus to The Parliamentary Union of Nations.
- : Hashkin was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Hashkin ceased to exist in The Parliamentary Union of Nations.
- : Hashkin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Monarchist Entente"".
- : Hashkin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of Expression"".
- : Hashkin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Desertification".
- : Hashkin lodged a message on the The Parliamentary Union of Nations Regional Message Board.
- : Hashkin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The conservative christians".