|Faith||Cult of the Darkwraith|
The Enslaved People of Harmsend is a massive, orderly nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, unlimited-speed roads, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 3.212 billion Slaves are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Industry, and Education are also considered important, while Environment and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Londo. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.9%.
The frighteningly efficient enslaved economy, worth 640 trillion Soulcontainers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 199,260 Soulcontainers, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,126,522 per year while the poor average 17,293, a ratio of 65.1 to 1.
The government nonchalantly sells old nukes to other countries, it's best to decline if Leader offers to buy a round of drinks, the nation's police officers are famously miserable-looking, and death row is annually emptied to feed the nation's hunger for televised murder-games. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Harmsend's national animal is the Darkwraith, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Cult of the Darkwraith.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Harmsend's influence in Spiritus rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Following new legislation in Harmsend, death row is annually emptied to feed the nation's hunger for televised murder-games.
- : Following new legislation in Harmsend, the nation's police officers are famously miserable-looking.
- : Following new legislation in Harmsend, it's best to decline if Leader offers to buy a round of drinks.
- : Following new legislation in Harmsend, the government nonchalantly sells old nukes to other countries.
- : Following new legislation in Harmsend, pirates armed with sonar-guided semi-autonomous torpedos and laser weapons systems are often seen capturing fishing trawlers.
- : Following new legislation in Harmsend, tourists are flocking to the newly-built MeteorLand family resort.
- : Harmsend lodged a message on the Spiritus Regional Message Board.
- : Harmsend relocated from Balder to Spiritus.
- : Harmsend altered its national flag.