The Dieselpunk Dystopia of Harkback Union is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Legate Eutris with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory vegetarianism, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 15.394 billion Harkbacks enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Union City. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Harkback Unionian economy, worth a remarkable 2,278 trillion Cradits a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 147,984 Cradits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government decides its policies by observing the flight of birds, light entertainment shows are light on actual entertainment, the question of 'what is Legate Eutris's favorite color?' has been given a priority rating of burnt-orange, and the voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Harkback Union's national animal is the Catten, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Utilitarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Harkback Union was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist and the Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Harkback Union was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Harkback Union was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Harkback Union was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Harkback Union was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Harkback Union's influence in The Eternal Darkness rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Harkback Union's influence in The Eternal Darkness fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Harkback Union's influence in The Eternal Darkness rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Harkback Union relocated from Osiris to The Eternal Darkness.
- : Harkback Union founded the region The Eternal Darkness.