|Leader||Dr Norvak Dolokai|
The Dissociative State of Hardscrabble is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dr Norvak Dolokai with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 6.32 billion Hardscrabbleans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Administration, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Squash Flats. The average income tax rate is 93.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hardscrabblean economy, worth 930 trillion florgons a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 147,222 florgons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Tax revenue is often intercepted by international accountants before ever seeing the national treasury, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines', self-driving cars occasionally mow down pedestrians to avoid inconveniencing passengers, and high school bands practice by moonlight. Crime is totally unknown. Hardscrabble's national animal is the wood shrew, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, high school bands practice by moonlight.
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, self-driving cars occasionally mow down pedestrians to avoid inconveniencing passengers.
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines'.
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, tax revenue is often intercepted by international accountants before ever seeing the national treasury.
- : Hardscrabble was endorsed by The Independent Menace of Kyorgia.
- : Hardscrabble's influence in The Rejected Realms fell from "Vassal" to "Apprentice".
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, Dr Norvak Dolokai's peyote-induced "let's all just be friends" speech is trending world-wide.
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene.
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, sea side cafes are required by law to close during summer.
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Zavea, Lederland, Saavir Yuvon, Raj7765, UKIMAR RBON, Farrakhan, Aggro, Crazy Firemen, Euroanatolian Greece, Sarotte, Enacheland, Zyonn, The Citizens Commonwealth, Capitalist Paradise, Cyrtenes, The Horror Channel, Gorgondria, Byzant, Melon feud, Panormia, Perfect Sublime Masters, Cleo and Topaz, Romosia, Beezertopia, Unibot III, United states socialist republic, Lobraunia, Amalea, The Libertarian Republic of Savages, Garecious, Savanel, Alpha Centauri II-a, Evilness Islands, Rubian Empire, Hemuraile, OspasiA, The Ardenner Forest, Fitzgeraldland, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Collosuss, Uglybas-Tardtaag, Upper West Northern Schneddick, Franluxin, Zhavn, Emeseses, Arinteriswith, Wop, Aqueira, Aandruzognivia, Yoshiterra, and 35 others.Heaven Fire, Xyloqua, Fam-Friendly State, Edgedgie, Luri, Hollow Forest Pack, BrokenWorld, Andromeda Islands, Spiderdonkey, Alkasia, New Edem, Centurionis, Neo-Enlightenment, Mihaiteren, MargiBoof, Empire of the alder, Yoyofireblade, Kijsel, Wildlingse, Perladela, Razorback, Kamikaze89, United Nazbolia, KEP77, Maazalik, Grasswhistle, Hemta, Star Kingdom, Vroengard mk2, New Mew-land, Marilyn Manson Freaks, Eastern Bahia, Blueflarst, Shuddera, and Kyorgia.