|Leader||King Joseph Muring|
The Kingdom of Hanua is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Joseph Muring with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, compulsory military service, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 2.46 billion Hanuans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hanuabada. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 37.5%.
The Hanuan economy, worth 127 trillion pounds a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Cheese Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 51,747 pounds, with the richest citizens earning 6.0 times as much as the poorest.
Travelers often bring empty plastic bottles on Air Hanua flights to avoid the pay lavatories, King Joseph Muring has no checks and balances after the upper house was abolished, schoolchildren are arrested for possessing sidewalk chalk without a permit, and young soldiers are shocked to discover there are no 'safe spaces' on a battlefield. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hanua's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Hanua is ranked 239,688th in the world and 61st in Union of Christian Nations for Largest Gambling Industry, scoring -3.63 on the Kelly Criterion Productivity Index.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hanua, young soldiers are shocked to discover there are no 'safe spaces' on a battlefield.
- : Following new legislation in Hanua, schoolchildren are arrested for possessing sidewalk chalk without a permit.
- : Following new legislation in Hanua, King Joseph Muring has no checks and balances after the upper house was abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Hanua, travelers often bring empty plastic bottles on Air Hanua flights to avoid the pay lavatories.
- : Hanua changed its national animal to "lion", its currency to "pound", its leader to "King Joseph Muring", its motto to "God, King, Country", and its nation type to "Kingdom".
- : Hanua altered its national flag.
- : Hanua voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate England".
- : Hanua voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Restrictions on Hydraulic Fracturing"".
- : Following new legislation in Hanua, children who believe in the tooth fairy are frequently shipped off to Bigtopia.
- : Following new legislation in Hanua, people think garlic bread counts as one of their "five a day".
Endorsements Received: 5 » Ecclestia, Gideon, Civitas Asiae et Pacificarum, Rolenmar, and Eco-Paris Reformation.