The Republic of Hannepandia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Harald III with an even hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, keen interest in outer space, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.247 billion Hannepandians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hannepan City. The average income tax rate is 83.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Hannepandian economy, worth 414 trillion Hands a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 127,719 Hands, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children as young as eight can present logical proofs for the existence of the afterlife, the poor are forced into bankruptcy by their energy bills, politicians stage photo ops featuring barely functional fighter jets, and funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hannepandia's national animal is the Quokka, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hannepandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Hannepandia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Hannepandia's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Hannepandia's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Hannepandia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Hannepandia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Hannepandia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Hannepandia was refounded in Balder.
- : Hannepandia ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Hannepandia was endorsed by The Republic of Aerilia.