The Democratic Republic of Hamstery is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its state-planned economy, rampant corporate plagiarism, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 13.582 billion Hamsterians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Davetown. The average income tax rate is 98.8%.
The large but underdeveloped Hamsteryian economy, worth 980 trillion Seeds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 72,214 Seeds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hamsterians are fixin' ta comma any way they wanna, diplomatic missions typically end with a flurry of childish insults, accusations and phlegm, kids' party bags often contain candy and e-cigarettes, and printing out government documents requires the approval of at least three admins. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hamstery's national animal is the Hamster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hamstery endorsed The United Socialist States of Cassaracen.
- : Hamstery endorsed The Holy Islamic Caliphate of Sahriastan.
- : Hamstery endorsed The Proletarian Dictatorship of Che Triumphant.
- : Hamstery endorsed The Colony of Complete Centrism.
- : Hamstery endorsed The Collective of Queer AnComville.
- : Hamstery endorsed The Democratic Republic of Pazakistan.
- : Hamstery endorsed The Socialist Federation of Trimotchi.
- : Following new legislation in Hamstery, printing out government documents requires the approval of at least three admins.
- : Following new legislation in Hamstery, kids' party bags often contain candy and e-cigarettes.
- : Following new legislation in Hamstery, diplomatic missions typically end with a flurry of childish insults, accusations and phlegm.