|Leader||Sultan Mustafa the sixth|
The Devlet-i ʿAlīye of Hamidiye is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Sultan Mustafa the sixth with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, state-planned economy, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 5.612 billion subjects of the sultan are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Konstantiniyye. The average income tax rate is 68.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Hamidi economy, worth 540 trillion Kuruses a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 96,226 Kuruses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Sniffer dogs check train passengers for body odour, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high, lavish state dinners in Konstantiniyye are the state's leading budgetary expenditure, and children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hamidiye's national animal is the cockroach, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hamidiye, children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban.
- : Following new legislation in Hamidiye, lavish state dinners in Konstantiniyye are the state's leading budgetary expenditure.
- : Following new legislation in Hamidiye, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high.
- : Following new legislation in Hamidiye, sniffer dogs check train passengers for body odour.
- : Following new legislation in Hamidiye, stony-faced prosecutors play loud gangster rap music during court proceedings.
- : Following new legislation in Hamidiye, hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Hamidiye, soldiers are "encouraged" to advance by armed officers behind them.
- : Hamidiye's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Hamidiye was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces and the Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in Hamidiye, vital intelligence-gathering activities are put on hold as agents return home for seduction training and advanced poker instruction.