|Leader||Supreme Presidential Emperor James Bond|
|Faith||The Great Space Butterfly|
|Animal||a freaking lion|
The Federal Republic of Halvard is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Supreme Presidential Emperor James Bond with a fair hand, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, vat-grown people, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 3.025 billion Hallverdians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized, corrupt, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avalon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 48.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Halvardian economy, worth 601 trillion sexy times a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 198,919 sexy times, with the richest citizens earning 9.2 times as much as the poorest.
The Halvardian delegation to the World Assembly is having a hard time convincing people that international law will "pay for itself somehow...", public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women, the nation's green cities are indeed concrete jungles, and being able to unblock a u-bend pipe is considered a universally essential skill. Crime is totally unknown. Halvard's national animal is the a freaking lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Great Space Butterfly.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Halvard, being able to unblock a u-bend pipe is considered a universally essential skill.
- : Following new legislation in Halvard, the nation's green cities are indeed concrete jungles.
- : Following new legislation in Halvard, public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women.
- : Halvard was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Halvard, the Halvardian delegation to the World Assembly is having a hard time convincing people that international law will "pay for itself somehow...".
- : Halvard changed its national faith to "The Great Space Butterfly".
- : Following new legislation in Halvard, it's entirely possible foreign diplomats misheard when Halvard offered the words "peace be upon you".
- : Following new legislation in Halvard, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines'.
- : Following new legislation in Halvard, school lunches are made with hypo-allergenic wood pulp.
- : Following new legislation in Halvard, carrots are orange, apples are red and food waste is increasing.
Endorsements Received: 62 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Gliah, Draakenhoff, Bran Astor, NoHiceLand, The Anti-Social Socialists, DiscGolfLand, Champaign, Bhang Bhang Duc, Torkvale, Gryphonian Alliance, Wyndward, Xupqeu, The United Republic of Westend, Kisovec, Dalimbar, LightBane, WyEast, Shaktirajya, Common Good, Blue Ocean on Beach, The Free States of Gotham, Sazar, Denieria, Pandaland III, Liberillia, Win Mints, Kittenlicious, New Belia, Barcocoland, Oronia, Mathematania, Farronist, Dreamers for Hope, Mirchusko, Cazia Minor, Ioways, Doggerstan, Meedvheyt, Andyr, Cryland, Maria, The Anclave, West-Fryslan, New New Avignon, Southern Eureka, The Free Sector, Papercuts and Skittles, Otaran, Fallgriffin, and 12 others.Keerim Foundation, Pandaland II, Mercanta, Rykil, Leukogeras, Greg Tucker, Democratic Paramore, Greynne, Galaxy, Rizorien, The Undivided, and Islamic Jerusalem.