The Dominion of Hakaron is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its daily referendums, suspicion of poets, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 2.064 billion Hakarin are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 74.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Hakaran economy, worth 125 trillion Ducats a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 60,680 Ducats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Birth rates have hit an all-time low, concussed Hakaran Beetleball players cannot remember their lineup position, the army lures cannon fodder with promises of a college education, and sections of the police receive paramilitary training. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hakaron's national animal is the Hakaran Beetle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hakaron was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Hakaron was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Hakaron's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Hakaron's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Hakaron's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Hakaron's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Hakaron relocated from Lazarus to Caer Sidi.
- : Hakaron was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Hakaron ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Hakaron's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".