The Republic of Hafrsa is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.352 billion Hafrsans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lillehavn. The average income tax rate is 40.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Hafrsan economy, worth 205 trillion Euros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 87,564 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets, liberals and conservatives try to disqualify each other's candidates on the grounds that "their ideas would never work in the real world", and murder is sanctioned if the legal paperwork is filled out correctly. Crime is totally unknown. Hafrsa's national animal is the mockingbird, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hafrsa resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Hafrsa was endorsed by The Empire of Slavorussia.
- : Hafrsa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Hafrsa was endorsed by The Confederation of Deftern.
- : Hafrsa was endorsed by The Republic of Malgdonia.
- : Hafrsa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Hafrsa was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Europe a Nation.
- : Hafrsa was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Freyana.
- : Hafrsa was endorsed by The Kingdom of Hulldom.
- : Hafrsa was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Inner Planets.