The Republic of Haapavesi is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons and absence of drug laws. The hard-working, democratic population of 2.131 billion Haapavesians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Welfare, with Education, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Spirituality are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.8%.
The very strong Haapavesian economy, worth 90.2 trillion markkaa a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 42,332 markkaa, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Haapavesi's national animal is the Brown Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Haapavesi's influence in Passchendaele rose from "Apprentice" to "Handshaker".
- : Haapavesi's influence in Passchendaele rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Haapavesi's influence in Passchendaele rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Haapavesi's influence in Passchendaele rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Haapavesi's influence in Passchendaele rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Haapavesi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector, Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector, Least Corrupt Governments, Largest Welfare Programs, and Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Haapavesi relocated from Vandoosa to Passchendaele.
- : Haapavesi relocated from Balder to Vandoosa.
- : Haapavesi altered its national flag.
- : Haapavesi was refounded in Balder.