The Republic of Guy 12 is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, state-planned economy, and suspicion of poets. The quiet, industrious population of 3.352 billion Guy 12ians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 37.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Guy 12ian economy, worth 103 trillion burgers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Retail, Furniture Restoration, Soda Sales, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 30,862 burgers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The news is showing footage of Leader bullying an old man to the point of tears, unwary hikers climbing the bluffs of Mount Guy 12 City make great practice for foreign snipers, the moral worth of national allies is judged by their GDP, and in court almost every witness is a hostile witness. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Guy 12's national animal is the cow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Guy 12's influence in The Allied Nations of Egalaria rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Guy 12's influence in The Allied Nations of Egalaria rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Guy 12 relocated from Intiaga to The Allied Nations of Egalaria.
- : Guy 12 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Guy 12 proposed constructing embassies between Intiaga and Plum Island.
- : Guy 12 changed the regional banner of Intiaga.
- : Guy 12 altered the regional flag of Intiaga.
- : Guy 12 updated the World Factbook entry in Intiaga.
- : Guy 12 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Guy 12 appointed Guy 12 as a with authority over Appearance, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Intiaga.