The Confederacy of Guuj Xaat Kil is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 615 million Confederates are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Administration, Law & Order, and Education also on the agenda, while International Aid and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of T'laatuu. The average income tax rate is 44.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Guuj Xaat Kilian economy, worth 65.4 trillion YŠahls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 106,264 YŠahls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The nation has always been at war with Moltovea, newborns are being raised as mindless killing machines, no one is worried about government policies any more, and work creation schemes keep the masses occupied with meaningless tasks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Guuj Xaat Kil's national animal is the raven, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Guuj Xaat Kil's influence in Federation of Allies rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Guuj Xaat Kil was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector and Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Guuj Xaat Kil voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Koem Kab".
- : Following new legislation in Guuj Xaat Kil, work creation schemes keep the masses occupied with meaningless tasks.
- : Following new legislation in Guuj Xaat Kil, no one is worried about government policies any more.
- : Following new legislation in Guuj Xaat Kil, newborns are being raised as mindless killing machines.
- : Following new legislation in Guuj Xaat Kil, the nation has always been at war with Moltovea.
- : Following new legislation in Guuj Xaat Kil, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
- : Guuj Xaat Kil published "The Confederacy's (among other entities) Future (WIP)" (Factbook: History).
- : Guuj Xaat Kil was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
Endorsements Received: None.