The State of Gutulia is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its public floggings, punitive income tax rates, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 741 million Gutulians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Law & Order, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nikola. The average income tax rate is 54.6%.
The thriving Gutulian economy, worth 52.5 trillion Guldenlings a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 70,784 Guldenlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Sullen teenagers in bright orange 'community payback' onesies can be seen picking litter at the roadside, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, and CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gutulia's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gutulia published "Gutulia | International" (Account: Diplomacy).
- : Gutulia published "Gutulia | Provinces" (Account: Other).
- : Gutulia published "Gutulia | Military" (Account: Military).
- : Gutulia published "Gutulia | Economy" (Account: Other).
- : Gutulia published "Gutulia | Parliament" (Account: Culture).
- : Gutulia published "Gutulia | Government" (Account: Other).
- : Gutulia altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Gutulia, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options.
- : Gutulia's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Gutulia changed its national motto to "One Nation, One Identity" and its nation type to "State".