The Armed Republic of Gunyria is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, deadly medical pandemics, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 872 million Gunyrians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Administration and Industry are also considered important, while International Aid and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kuttenstadt. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.9%.
The powerhouse Gunyrian economy, worth 77.9 trillion Thorvald's crowns a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Gambling, and Retail. Average income is 89,296 Thorvald's crowns, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 664,402 per year while the poor average 3,541, a ratio of 187 to 1.
Nihilistic thrill-seekers claim that suicide by roller coaster is the ultimate life experience, robotic spouses prove to be just as imperfect as flesh and blood ones, the streets are ravaged by murder and violence to prove political points, and funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience. Crime is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Gunyria's national animal is the Double-headed Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gunyria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Gunyria's influence in Southern Army rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Gunyria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed and the Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Gunyria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Gunyria's influence in Southern Army rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Gunyria lodged a message on the Southern Army Regional Message Board.
- : Gunyria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Gunyria, funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience.
- : Following new legislation in Gunyria, the streets are ravaged by murder and violence to prove political points.
- : Gunyria was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Capitalist Paradise".