The United States of Guidesune is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Bill Anderson with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 2.098 billion Guidesuneans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yang Josť. The average income tax rate is 35.0%.
The strong Guidesunean economy, worth 123 trillion Dollars a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Gambling, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 58,666 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
High school principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school, the death penalty has been reintroduced, the government's fruit business reeks of rotting produce and corruption, and genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Guidesune's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christian Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Guidesune altered its national flag.
- : Guidesune published "10 Facts of Guidesune Part 1" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Guidesune voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sensible limits on industry act".
- : Following new legislation in Guidesune, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons.
- : Following new legislation in Guidesune, the government's fruit business reeks of rotting produce and corruption.
- : Following new legislation in Guidesune, the death penalty has been reintroduced.
- : Guidesune relocated from Arstotzka to Huddersfield.
- : Guidesune relocated from Huddersfield to Arstotzka.
- : Guidesune voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cyberweapons Control Act".
- : Guidesune's influence in Huddersfield rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
Endorsements Received: None.