The People's Republic of Guandyar is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Alana Haggle with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The quiet, industrious population of 2.062 billion Guandyarians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wexcretia. The average income tax rate is 77.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Guandyarian economy, worth 96.2 trillion Guandollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Uranium Mining, Pizza Delivery, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 46,642 Guandollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's been a banner year for local vexillology, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries, male politicians lose their jobs for staring too long at their female counterparts, and torture is illegal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Guandyar's national animal is the Arcturan Mega-Donkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Guandyar, torture is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Guandyar, male politicians lose their jobs for staring too long at their female counterparts.
- : Following new legislation in Guandyar, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Following new legislation in Guandyar, it's been a banner year for local vexillology.
- : Following new legislation in Guandyar, factories are regularly demolished to make way for low-cost housing areas.
- : Guandyar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Guandyar, more money is spent on policing the welfare system for abuse than on the welfare system itself.
- : Following new legislation in Guandyar, citizens cannot change their light bulbs without approval from an international committee.
- : Following new legislation in Guandyar, the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose.
- : Following new legislation in Guandyar, motorists' locations are constantly tracked by intelligence and law enforcement agencies.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Antinios, Ephros, Nepacton Murt, Grod Island, Llorens, Sincadenas, Nangka, Dyl, Neu-Bethel, Martilliopen, Transcommunist Republics, Rorlenland, Silverfish37, Picuros, Anarchocommunists of the World, Kavagrad, Kawany, Ghillemear, Roma Norte, New Volica, New Arkados, Super Awesome Fun Times, Chapolia Zranzia, Argentigrad, Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, Old Corus, Anioniotopia, Soviet Catgirls, Claiomha, Slackertown, Lastolana, Somiens-et-Haveras, Zaratov, Kaamapoori, Bisht, Delegations, and Ezmwalia.