|Leader||Old Grumpy Leader|
The Peoples Democratic Republic of Grumpystan is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Old Grumpy Leader with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 12.056 billion Grumpystanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grumpystan City. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Grumpystanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,256 trillion Grones a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 187,160 Grones, with the richest citizens earning 5.6 times as much as the poorest.
The doctor has cold hands, sailors spend their shore leave helping old ladies cross the street, the police use sound cannons and mortars to deal with loud parties, and wanting a better life for your child is prohibited by a clause in the criminal code. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grumpystan's national animal is the Grump, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Grumpianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grumpystan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- : Grumpystan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Privacy".
- : Grumpystan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Privacy".
- : Grumpystan endorsed Akillianbalder.
- : Grumpystan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Grumpystan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Grumpystan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II".
- : Grumpystan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Grumpystan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Grumpystan was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Royal Kingdom of Ni.