The Community of Gronath is a colossal, efficient nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, complete lack of prisons, and prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 9.291 billion Gronathi hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Industry, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. The average income tax rate is 53.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gronathi economy, worth 897 trillion coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 96,584 coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days, residents of houses built on a foundation of wishful thinking are prone to an odd sinking feeling, and the Communist Party claims that selling things for profit isn't necessarily capitalism. Crime is almost non-existent. Gronath's national animal is the grey heron, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gronath's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Gronath's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Gronath's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Gronath was refounded in Balder.
- : Gronath ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Gronath's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Gronath's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Gronath's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Gronath was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Gronath's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".