|Leader||Secretary Fiona Elesham|
The United Communes of Grod Island is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Secretary Fiona Elesham with an even hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.19 billion Grodians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Domreis. The average income tax rate is 97.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Grodian economy, worth 885 trillion Dollops a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 143,127 Dollops, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Confessions don't count if suffixed with "izzle", kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists, and murderers facing life in prison listen to long sermons on positive thinking. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grod Island's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Secular Humanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Grod Island, murderers facing life in prison listen to long sermons on positive thinking.
- : Following new legislation in Grod Island, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists.
- : Following new legislation in Grod Island, kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll.
- : Following new legislation in Grod Island, confessions don't count if suffixed with "izzle".
- : Grod Island was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Grod Island, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- : Following new legislation in Grod Island, atheists in the nation feel uneasy living in buildings where they were once vilified.
- : Grod Island altered its national flag.
- : Grod Island endorsed The People's Republic of Atis.
- : Grod Island endorsed The Queendom of Western Drakonia.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Carolia Aurea, Martilliopen, Llorens, Nepacton Murt, Picuros, Antinios, NeoXoleria, Ephros, Transcommunist Republics, Kavagrad, Hussitics, Roulantinia, Ghillemear, Henchikurin, Sincadenas, Kawany, Socialist Columbia, Caspersland, Guandyar, Rorlenland, Nangka, Socialist Great Picardy, Commen Union, Dyl, Mexican Communists, Anarchocommunists of the World, Loudon, The Great Comrades of the Revolution, Regional Defence Council of Aragon, Fizzopolis, Sylvlakia, Caellus, New Russsia, Aetsveld-Aalstad, Silverfish37, Armenasia, Depro, Crustand, Digitotuo, Sauros, Labuepe, Roma Norte, New Volica, Asturies-Llion, Soviet Catgirls, Manoaf, Pemasing, Asoliea, 2b2t players, New Arkados, and 54 others.Revilluca, MacSwiney, Super Awesome Fun Times, Republic of Braz, Chapolia Zranzia, South Miruva, Argentigrad, Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, Leveille, Kaamapoori, Old Corus, Lisle, Alans Land, Anioniotopia, North Amherst, The Iron-Blooded Ones, Necrozia, Spmglandia, Hungarian Land, Vesmeau, Island of Darkness, Claiomha, United Socialist Republics of LAN, Komuna, Agatep, Slackertown, The Gaturacia, Czechnin, Zaratov, Shermani, Rolmong, Khoridan, Hhecc, Lastolana, Mahknovistsia, Harleying, Somiens-et-Haveras, Pissing Yourself, Harrada, Irish Workers Nation, Eloren, Yoodong, Coung Komands, Bisht, KITAY, Yuu-nyan, New Lonopolian Empire, Helionyx, Delegations, Smoothie Magic, AnarchoGamerville, Idontknowium, Eastern Botswana, and Ezmwalia.