The Great Lands of Grishahakkaverchynot is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Verchy Rulers with an even hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed population of 2.017 billion Grishahakkaverchynotians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grishahakkaverckynot City. The average income tax rate is 74.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Grishahakkaverchynotian economy, worth 168 trillion points a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 83,719 points, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The new Liquor Legitimacy Office is besieged with job applications from people who have experience in "statistical sampling methods", posh restaurants scatter glass fragments on the dining room floor to keep out barefoot undesirables, Chekhov's guns are killing the entertainment budget, and most barbers are also surgeons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grishahakkaverchynot's national animal is the mouse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grishahakkaverchynot was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Grishahakkaverchynot agreed to construct embassies between Grishahakkaverchynot League and Verchy Keeper Network.
- : Grishahakkaverchynot proposed constructing embassies between Grishahakkaverchynot League and Institute of Cellulose.
- : Grishahakkaverchynot's influence in Grishahakkaverchynot League fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Grishahakkaverchynot's influence in Grishahakkaverchynot League rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Grishahakkaverchynot lodged a message on the Grishahakkaverchynot League Regional Message Board.
- : Grishahakkaverchynot resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Grishahakkaverchynot proposed constructing embassies between Grishahakkaverchynot League and Sophia.
- : Grishahakkaverchynot voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Grishahakkaverchynot proposed constructing embassies between Grishahakkaverchynot League and Time Clock.